Awesome-{a flair for buttons} and Some Fun News!

Happy Monday, well as happy as a Monday can get!  As I write this post Sunday night, I wonder if it will be a good Monday or a bad Monday?!  One never knows until it starts.  I am hoping for a good one. 

Thought I would share my layout that I did for the {a flair for buttons} blog on Friday. I love this new collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and the photo worked well with the colors.  Add in a few flair pieces, a cut file and instant layout done.

Awesome_Scrapbook_Layout_A_Flair_For_Buttons_Cocoa_Vanilla_Studio_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-1

Supplies: Cardstock-WorldWin; Pattern Paper, Die Cuts; Vellum Stars, Enamel Stars, Sequins-Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Adhesives-ThermOWeb; Silhouette Cameo; Cut File-The Cut Shoppe

This was one of the pictures I took when we had our photo session with April.  This was at the end, we were done, the dogs were done and I am sure April was glad it was over also!  I thought that "I shoot people for a living" flair piece was too good NOT to put on there!
Awesome_Scrapbook_Layout_A_Flair_For_Buttons_Cocoa_Vanilla_Studio_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-3

The orange color in the "Linen Dots" flair set went so well with the collection colors. And I had a happy accident. The cut file I used is the same one that I used for my card I posted on Friday HERE. The accident was that I was going to back my cut file and I wanted to make it easier, so I dug out a circle punch that I thought would work to back the openings. I started playing around layering and came up with layering them on top, not behind. 
Awesome_Scrapbook_Layout_A_Flair_For_Buttons_Cocoa_Vanilla_Studio_Katrina_Hunt_1000Signed-2

And for my fun news!  I was asked to guest design for "The Rubber Cafe" for the month of August!  So, I will have a few posts using their August Kit "Farm Fresh".  You can see a sneak of the kit HERE and also jump in on ordering one if you want!


It's a busy week for me. We are retiring Ella and Higgins from pet therapy as they are older and it's getting to be a little much for them.  Ella and I will visit the peds floor at the hospital for the last time Tuesday.  The other team we go with will also be retiring her border collie buddy, Zodiac.  Bittersweet, but they have both given so much to make others smile.  I am definitely taking some pictures. And a haircut for me with hopefully some "fun" color in it!  Wait and see!

1 comment

  1. How beautiful! Love the colors and layering them on top was a bit genius!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!