You Light Up My Life with GCD Studios

Katrina here with a layout from the collection, Special Delivery.  This was up over on the GCD Studio blog on Friday.  I challenged myself to use the map paper and I am pretty happy with how my layout turned out!

K_HuntTheyLight1000Signed

Supplies:  Pattern Paper-GCD Studios (Special Delivery collection); Cardstock-WorldWin Papers (white/black); Paperclip-GCD Studios (Special Delivery collection); Twine-May Arts; Sticker-GCD Studio (Special Delivery *piechart); Letter Stickers-GCD Studios (Special Delivery *black), October Afternoon (red); Chipboard Alpha-American Crafts; Adhesives-Scotch ATG and Scrapbook Adhesives; Pen-Sharpie

Silhouette Cameo with the following cut files:

TwoPeas Files:
Lightbulbs
Globes
Lightbulb (FREE FILE)

Silhouette File:
Love Borders
Design ID #31068

Font:
Delikatessen (dafont.com)

I just adore this globe file and wanted to use it.  I did use an offset to make it stand out a bit more.

K_HuntTheyLightGlobe1000Signed

On the light bulbs that were just the shape, I wrote each of the dogs names.  So funny, this was NOT planned!  I just noticed that it would work as I was finishing up my layout. 

K_HuntTheyLightSky1000Signed

I tucked the family paperclip in after I tied a bow on it.

K_HuntTheyLightClip1000Signed

You know me, I love to play with my titles!  I also loved how the Sketchbook Thickers looked with the combo of the lightbulbs.

K_HuntTheyLightTitle1000Signed

That's all!  Challenge yourself to use paper you normally are scared of.  You might just make a layout that you love!  Thanks for stopping by today!


3 comments

  1. Fabulous!!! Love how you used the lightbulbs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...those light bulbs are super awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those layered light bulb cuts are so so awesome, Katrina, love this!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!