Lounge Lizards and Figuring Out a Headache

Sad story for you.  I had found my new favorite drink, blackberry sweet tea, from Sonic a couple of weekends ago.  Well, I felt horrible for much of last week and when I did feel better it felt like I was coming out of a migraine fog.  (if you have migraines, you will know what I am talking about).  Well, then this weekend we made a quick trip to Carleen's dad's and I had a tea on the way up.  About halfway there, headache.  So I took some meds and got to feeling better.  As we left town to come back, happy hour was going on.  So, I got a regular sweet tea and a blackberry slush.  Yes, another headache and icky feeling on the way home.  



After thinking about it, I remembered that I had seen on Sonic's sign that the blackberry was made with Splenda.  I did a little google search and sure enough, it can cause migraines and upset stomach.  So, no more blackberry sweet teas for me.  I used to drink Splenda all the time, BUT I think since I have quit drinking soda and watching what has high fructose corn syrup in it or artificial sweeteners, that it affected more than it used to.  So bummed, but at least I figured it out!

On to the layout.  This was just a quick page that I did with a sketch from the One on One sketchbook by Debbie Sanders/Scrapbook Generation.  I wanted to not "think" about a page and so a sketch is a good go to!  I did change it up, but I love the way it turned out.


K_HuntLoungeLizards1000Signed
Supplies: Pattern Paper-Studio Calico (Here & There); Flair-The Paper Bakery (Daily Grind, TGIF and I Woof You sets); Twine-May Arts; Tag-Elle's Studio; Ink-Prima Chalk Ink; Letters-American Crafts; Punch-EK Success; Adhesive-Scotch and Scrapbook Adhesives

The couch is the dogs favorite spot in the house and they camp out there all week.  So I thought the two weekly flair sets mixed would be fun!
K_HuntLoungeLizardsFlairBottom1000Signed

Top shot of all the banners!
K_HuntLoungeLizardsFlairTop1000Signed

And bottom shot of the banners with the hand cut heart, twine and flair.
K_HuntLoungeLizardsHeart1000Signed

And I still have a few Grab Boxes left and you can see that post HERE!  They are a great value for 40.00 and I will ship them out the next day!

Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT Tuesday!  

6 comments

  1. I can't drink/eat anything with any artificial sweeteners for this reason. I've even stopped eating most mints for the same reason. I'm glad you found the cause.

    Love the extra Flair you've added to your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute LO. LOVE LOVE LOVE the varied banners in the bottom right corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a 'not think about it' layout?! This would take me forever. It's brilliant. I love the middle section which joins both halves together seamlessly and the banners in lots of different papers, yet matching, is very appealing. I must give this layout a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dogs! I guess I won't be getting the Splenda cookbook I saw advertised on the cooking channel yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got it figured out. Hope you can invent a way to make your own fave tea without the Splenda.....maybe stevia??

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!