Pinterest Inspired with Laina Lamb and Gossamer Blue

Don't freak out, yes I have posted twice in one day!   My first blog posting didn't auto post and I didn't realize it until later in the day.  It would have helped if I would have scheduled the time for AM vs. PM.  

Gossamer Blue has started a Pinterest inspired challenge over on their blog.  I am not much for challenges usually, but I didn't want to have to think too hard to create a layout last night.  I had gotten some new Laina Lamb Design's stamps and dies from My Favorite Things that I was itching to use also.  Combine the two and I came up with a fun layout that I love and it's another one done!

Here is the Pin that I am basing my layout on.  A Christmas card of all things!

Source for pin is Shutterfly.
And then here is my layout that I came up with.  I followed the card pretty close, but I had to put my own spin on it!

Gossamer Blue Feb. 2013 Main KitColor Add On Kit and Paper Add On Kit

Supplies from kits: Pattern Paper-Crate Paper (Fourteen/Be Mine and Sweetheart), Carta Bella (Devoted/So Loved Striped-Beautiful Moments/Damask); Glitter Cardstock-American Crafts or Fancy Pants; Journaling Tags/Pennant Strip-Basic Grey (True Love); ; Ribbon-May Arts; Wooden Arrows-Studio Calico; Vellum Burst-Basic Grey (True Love); Chipboard Hearts-Pink Paislee

Supplies not in kit: Stamps-Laina Lamb Designs (Right This Way & Captured Memories); Embossing Power-American Crafts Zing; Ink-Memento; Letters- American Crafts; ; Adhesive-Scotch ATG, Fabri Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives; Pen-Sharpie

I had to alter a letter to make the "r", I don't think it turned out to shabby.  And Laina's stamp fit perfectly in the pennant shape!  I also stamped Laina's chevron stamp along the bottom of the glitter strip and embossed it in white. 

I mixed the wooden arrows from Studio Calico with a stamped arrow from Laina.  

Love, LOVE this saying!  The Captured set is perfect for Project Life 
(or Project 12 in my case!).

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!  I had a hectic, but fun day at work.  I am ready to relax tonight.  I will be back on the blog probably Monday!



3 comments

  1. Ohhhh! Awesome use of the card for inspiration, Katrina!! And I LOVE the way you used those arrows on your photo to point to the strike! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a fantastic page! You brought everything together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and colorful! I love the photo block with all the details.

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!