Everyday Eclectic/Basically Bare Banner

Hey there!  I figured I hadn't done a banner in awhile, so it was about time to do one.  The Basically Bare albums are perfect for making banners out of if you aren't a mini album person.  (hee hee, luckily I am a little of both!).  I used one of the new Oh So Mini albums for my banner, which contains chipboard, acrylic, cardboard and canvas.  Since the banner is longer, the full picture is a little small, but I have close ups of each banner piece for the details.



Supplies:  Pattern Paper/Stickers-Echo Park (Everday Eclectic); Album Pieces/Clouds/Frame/Gear/Chipboard Button/Chipboard Flower/Canvas Leaf-Basically Bare; Twine and Ribbon-May Arts; Brown Buttons-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Tag-Staples; 
Ink-Prima;  Mists-Mister Huey's; Punch-Fiskars; Flair- {a flair for buttons} Etsy shop;
 Doily-Wilton;  Paint Pen-Zig; Pen-Zig Millenium; Misting Mask-Studio Calico; Adhesives-Scotch ATG, Fabri Tac, Claudine Helmuth Matte Medium, and Scrapbook Adhesives 


The first panel is of Sheldon and set the base for most of my other panels.  I "tied" the panels together by using the jute twine and flair on each panel.  I decided this when working on the next panel. 

On the canvas panel, I wanted to use my hexagon misting mask, since a lot of the pattern paper has hexagons. I did two different colors and sprayed blue/pink/then blue again in strips.  After covering the chipboard frame it still needed something so this is where the twine and flair came in.  I also misted a canvas leaf with green and used it as a mat for my flair button.


I love that Basically Bare's acrylic is so easy to emboss.  You can run this panel thru your Cuttlebug, but it is tight.  I had to do the panel in two passes.  I also didn't worry about the top where the ribbon was, I just left it not embossed.  I covered the gear in a starburst type of pattern added a tag with some jute, a sticker and some flair and called it done.  

I misted some doilies with pink and orange to place behind Ella's picture, along with one of the stickers from the collection.  It still needed something, so I added the strips underneath and then the embellishment cluster at the corner of her picture.  I loved the bare chipboard button just the way it was, but did add a bow with some twine. 

And I have to say, if you haven't tried making a banner, jump in!  They are easy and  fun to do.  And quite frankly, I don't think they take much time at all, especially if you use a collection kit of some sort and go from there. 


3 comments

  1. LOVE that collection. This came out gorgeous! Love the colors, layers...and those sweet photos! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner Queen! :-) It's brilliant Katrina

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!