Love this Face-Bascially Bare/May Arts Swap

Three things make me super excited about this post!  First, Basically Bare is teaming up with May Arts...can you say ribbon heaven?!  Second, I got to use some of the Everyday Eclectic collection again.  Third, I got to scrap on of the pictures from our pet modeling session taken by April Turner from UTurn Studios!  

April took all four dogs pictures, with Higgins being the biggest ham of them all. We only got a couple of Jetson, so I wanted to scrap his picture first.  Didn't April do a great job?!  (you will probably see a lot more of these pet modeling pics!)

Supplies: Pattern Paper-Echo Park (Everyday Eclectic); Canvas and Chipboard Hearts-Basically Bare; Ribbon and Jute-May Arts; Mists-Mr. Huey's (White and Piglet); Punch-Martha Stewart; Date Sticker-Echo Park (Everyday Eclectic); Letters-Echo Park and American Crafts; Adhesives-Scotch ATG, Fabri-Tac, ScorTape and Scrapbook Adhesives

Photo by April Turner @ UTurn Studios 
All Rights Reserved
used with her permission

I covered this chipboard heart with pattern paper and then cut out some random hexagons and popped them up over the pattern on the heart.  I wrapped the jute twine around the heart a few times and then tied a bow.


I loved the striped ribbon, but couldn't figure out how to incorporate it into my layout.  So, I cut out the center of the large canvas heart and just backed it with the ribbon.  The colors were a little overwhelming, so I toned them down my misting the heart with Mr. Huey's in White. I cut a smaller heart out of my leftovers and misted it with Mr. Huey's in Piglet.


And you know I love my bows!  I thought this was a cute accent at the bottom of the photo. 

So that's it for me and the Basically Bare/May Arts swap.  I love May Arts ribbon, so I had a lot of fun doing this swap!  Be sure to hit the Basically Bare blog and the May Arts blog to see what is happening on them!  Have a great day. 





No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!