Funny Faces-Playing with Cocoa Daisy July kit

I totally did NOTHING over the weekend.  I slept, read and just vegged out.  I know it is good to do that sometimes, but it also has a tendency to put me in a slump for creating.  Which I hate, BTW.  And I have been in a bit of a slump lately anyway, so that is not a good thing at all.

I got my Cocoa Daisy kit, along with my {a flair for buttons} order in the mail on Monday, so I made myself get my kit out and work with it.  I love the kit and just kept looking at the papers over and over...it was the cutting and gluing that was holding me back.  

And just by this layout, you can tell I am not creating like I normally do.  I am still not sure if I like it or not..one minute I do and the next I don't.  And it looks tilted...but it's not...I think it's that woodgrain paper doing a visual trick! Plus, there is a LOT of white space which I usually do not have!  


Supplies: Cardstock-American Crafts;  Pattern Paper-My Mind's Eye (Turquoise Wood & Chevron), Crate Paper (StoryTeller Tag Cuts); Die-Cuts-October Afternoon (9-5 collection); Letters-Sassafras (green), October Afternoon (9-5); Buttons and Twine-Unknown; Paper Clip-7 Gypsies; Stamp-Cocoa Daisy (Chevron Arrow Stamp)

Items not in kit:  Adhesive-Scotch ATG and Fabri Tac; Ink-Jenni Bowlin (WeatherVane) and Prima (Tin Roof); Punch-Martha Stewart Large Border Punch

Close up of layered die cuts and button

and again.....

I thought a neat thing to do would be to include part of the Cocoa Daisy logo or the quote card they slip in the kits for at least one of my projects from each month.  (note...I did this in May without thinking about doing it for June)  So, I think I am just going to add that little touch each month!



And Ella Boo is NINE years old as of 7/10/12!!  Hard to believe that she is quite that old.  She hasn't slowed down a bit.  Could be because she has always been somewhat of a couch potato to begin with.  I managed to grab this picture of her and Sheldon in the backyard last night.  And Carleen brought her Andy's Frozen Custard home for her birthday treat.  I managed to get a couple of pics of her eating it, but it wasn't easy!


That's all from me!  I am off to read my book.  It's a series by H.P. Mallory which is pretty good.  (witches, warlocks, vampires, etc...without being to heavy or gory!)

Whoops..I almost forgot!!  It's is ScrapbookSteals.com's THIRD birthday celebration.  Head over to the ScrapbookSteals.com blog to get in on all the giveaways.  They are doing one a day and the deadline for all of them is this Saturday, July 14th at 11:59 AM Mountain time.  So, you still have time to get in on them!  So far they are giving away an entire My Mind's Eye collection, Miss Caroline and then a couple of WeRMemory Keepers Lucky 8 punches and other goodies!!






4 comments

  1. Cute layout! Love that lineup of tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this LO. White space and distressed edges.... (White space design is probably my fave though)..... you could add some type of ribbon or twine string/bow to the tops of the tags or just one tag for a little something extra. I like it the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely LO... love how you used the tags. Love the picture of your dogs too. They're adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!