Altered Books with Messages

I have a ton of projects from CHA that I haven't shared yet here on the blog and this is one of them.  I love how these turned out!


Supplies:  Pattern Paper-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker (Messages); Books-Hobby Lobby; Adhesive-Matte Medium Gel

I will give you a little tip on covering them.  Measure your paper, cut it (I left extra and trimmed with an exacto knife) and then apply the matte medium gel to the book, not your paper.  Then you will lay your paper down and hold it for a minute or so, to make sure it's stuck! 

For the seam binding on the books, I cut strips and then border punched on each side to give some detail to the binding.  I decided the books needed a little more, so I add some of the cut-ups from the collection.  

   

Once I had each book done I applied the matte medium gel all over each book and used it as my sealer. I love the stuff because I didn't make a mess!  Which if you know me, is a miracle in itself!  

Have a wonderful Monday, well, as wonderful as a Monday can be!!

2 comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!