A Day In The Sun

It's one page sketch week over at Sketch Support.  And you know that is my favorite week, because I am a one page kinda girl!  Sad thing is I KNOW I wrote a post for this before, but I must have deleted it.  So this is like deja vu...hee hee.

On this one I just made a few changes...rotated the sketch, changed the picture sizes and added more layers.  

Supplies - Patterned Paper: American Crafts (Fox Park Forest, Brilliance, Gee Whiz); My Mind’s Eye (Catch a Wave, Beach Huts); Sassafras (Line Up); Studio Calico (London Calling) Buttons: My Mind’s Eye; Mini Alphas: Sassafras;  Vinyl and Chipboard Letters:  American Crafts; Twine: The Twinery Baker’s Twine (Cantaloupe) Chipboard Sun: Basically Bare; Adhesives: Scotch, Fabri-Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives;
Tools: Martha Stewart Border Punch


This is a Basically Bare chipboard sun that I just pieced some pattern paper on and then weaved the twine thru the rays.  This served a dual purpose...it was decorative and it covered the seam where the papers met from the rays to the center.  
I know the sun technically doesn't have a bow, but I thought it looked cute!

I got an Instax camera for Christmas and haven't really had a chance to play with it.  This day, I decided I was going to at the very least, get each of the dogs....this was before Sheldon came along!

I think I need to get that Instax out more!  I do think that you need more than one on a layout, just because they are credit card sized.  

Well, that's it for me.  Have a fun, creative, wonderful day and weekend!

4 comments

  1. Katrina, this layout is AWESOME!! You score big points right away, by having my two favorite colors, pink & yellow, on one layout!! :) And the sun is too, too cute with the twine woven through the rays!! You really rocked the overlapping banners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful, playful and bright lo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the fun in the sun! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sun! Great use of that Miss Caroline. And the bow is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!