Yearly Check Up For Jetson....and an ink tip....

I want to thank everyone for all the congrats/well wishes on my news yesterday.  My blog readers are so so sweet!  And I love that fact that you guys are funny sometimes too! 

I have a tip for those of you that love to ink things or use lots of ink that I thought I would share.  (I either heard this or read it and I don't remember which.)  Since I got into inking edges, I have bought makeup sponges to use with my inks, so that I don't tear the pads up....I am pretty rough on them and have had the ink pads fall apart before!  I went to ink with a grey ink and when I put it on the paper it turned a purple color...WHAT?!  

I found out that most makeup sponges contain a chemical that can make the color of the ink change.   So, the other day I picked up some natural sponges in the art section of Micheal's.  I used them tonight and guess what....they worked perfectly!!  I just got the round plain sponges...think they were around 1.99 for a pack of three that you can cut up into smaller ones.  No color changing!  Just thought I would pass that tip along!

On to the layout! This is from Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker's new Get Well Soon collection.  Yes, even the veterinarian's office is not off limits for the camera!  I took these at Jetson's last check up while we were waiting on Dr. Blackburn to come in the room.  He makes the funniest faces while sitting on the table!  The lighting was horrible (of course) so I have edited them the best I could! 


Supplies:  Pattern Paper-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker Get Well Soon collection; Stickers/Die Cuts-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Punch-EK Success; Ink-Memento; 
Adhesive-Scotch ATG and Scrapbook Adhesives

This is a fun collection to play with!  Great for surgery pictures, boo boo pictures, etc!  I love the first aid sign paper, I think it's my favorite in the collection!

Well, I need to clean up my scrappy mess.  I was playing with some Twinery twine, Echo Park, and an altered something!  You will get to see it soon!  

3 comments

  1. You know I loveeeeeee this!!! Soooooooo cute! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina,
    that paper is great for those pictures of your dog. I hope that he is all better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh jetson!

    hope you have been well.

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!