Girls Day and Ellaboobear Emergency

I had grand plans of sleeping in this morning, but at 3:30 Carleen said she needed help.  While chasing something (probably the rabbit that likes to torment the dogs) Ella had hurt herself.  One of her front legs to be exact.  So, off we headed to the overnight emergency clinic.  The vet on duty said that when she was running, she hyper-extended it. No x-rays, but a shot of good pain meds that would make her sleep most of the day and a week's worth of some anti inflammatory medicine.  Whew, it's always so scary when something is wrong with them and you don't know what to do for them.  Here is a picture I took while we were waiting in the exam room for them to get ready for us to check out......
Poor baby, you can tell she is in pain by her eyes...

So, this also means that she got carried in and out all day by the two of us.  She is feeling better tonight, so we are a little more relieved. 

While she was laying around sleeping, I decided that I should get off the iPad and work on some scrapping.  I have had this Echo Park collection, Country Drive, for awhile but just hadn't found anytime to play with it.  So, I figured it was a good choice.

    Supplies:  Pattern Paper-Echo Park Country Drive; Transparencies-Hambly Studios; Twine-The Twinery Baker's Twine; Stamps-Unity Stamp Co.; Embossing Powder and Chipboard Letters-American Crafts; Ribbon-Bo Bunny; Photo Collage-Kerri Bradford Designs; Adhesive-Scotch ATG, Fabri Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives, Ink-Memento Ink

I haven't really worked with transparencies, but I am loving these Hambly that I ordered!  This is the first time I have used them and I loved trying to figure out what to do with them.  They are the cameras and the black accent swirls frames in the layout!  

Some closer pictures!  And I really like these photo collages by Kerri Bradford.  I only bought one set, but I think I am going to go get the rest of them!  I have another layout coming up this week with a different collage that was in the same set.


That's it from me today.  This coming week is The Twinery's ONE year anniversary.  There is going to be lots of fun, prizes and more.  I will be participating in the Echo Park celebration day which will be this Thursday, August 18.  BUT I hope I update the blog before then!!  

4 comments

  1. So happy to hear she is doing ok! i loveeeeeeeeee the lo! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it was nothing more serious! Hope she feels better soon! Your layout is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, poor Ella! Your layout is gorgeous, Katrina, and I love those EP papers and Unity stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... poor baby! I'm glad she is doing better. She looks like loveable furry angel! Yes, those unexpected emergency vet visits can be scary! Glad she has a loving mama to carry her in and out when she needed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!