Enjoy Silly...you know you want to!

Well, I am sure hoping we get some storms again...that weather today was so humid from all the rain from the past couple of days.  Major ICK from me!!!  I am just ready for winter....bring on the cold baby!

I probably will not post over the weekend....I have mixed feelings about it.  With it being 9-11, just not sure that I want to or should...just out of respect.  I still remember where I was...at home watching the Today show getting ready to leave for work.  I told everyone when I got to work that two planes had hit....and then everything started unfolding. Work was crazy...it started slowly at the stations...the older generation who had lived thru World Wars....filling their cars....and then everyone followed.  Our parking lot was packed and the stores had to "direct" traffic to get some sort of a system going.  You just don't think about history on an everyday basis and that you might see one of the biggest stories unfolding in America's history right before your eyes....more like you read it in textbooks...not live thru it.  So many heroes, victims, and stories...wow...


Well, I am just going to post a layout tonight and be done I think.  This one is for the Unity Hip Hop Sketch Challenge over at SplitCoastStampers.  I was so excited because the sketch was more geared toward a page than a card!!!  I got to work on it right away.


Supplies: We R Memory Keepers Twirl Collection, Unity Stamps, Glue Arts Adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesives pop dots, Fabri Tac Adhesive, Memento and Distress Inks, 
Pink Paislee Letters, Sassafras flower, American Crafts Stamp markers, Sharpie,
Ribbon and Twine unknown

I stamped this once in brown and then on different paper with different colors, cut it out and pop dotted.  Then I used actual jute to make the string, knotted it at the ends. The ends are fed thru holes that I punched first. The knots just add a little interest on the ends.
I stamped all these embellishments! And then I stapled the twine on each end.  The colored flower on the journaling note was colored with American Crafts markers and then stamped.
And that paper from We R Memory Keepers??  Well, I got it at TJ Maxx when I was in Arkansas.  It was so cute I couldn't pass it up.  I love We R papers and have a few paper pads, but haven't really used them!  I think I will be dragging them out more!  

Ok, my eyes are getting sleepy!  Think it's time for bed!!!  Have a wonderful weekend, and please take a moment to remember.  

Have a Scrappy Kinda Day!!~~Katrina

4 comments

  1. GORGEOUS LO Katrina! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors!!! and i remember where i was... i was actually working for a company that owned 60 floors in the second tower that was hit... we had to set up a command center in our building and call every employee until all were accounted for... completely heart wrenching stories i heard that week... hardest time of my life.... have a good weekend my dearest! :):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute layout. I have such a soft spot for anything pink!!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!